July 29, 2010

Distractions......

So, with everything going on in my life right now, I have really felt God tell me that I need to focus on Him and the things He is doing in my life. I have been praying that God would show me the areas that I am being distracted in, and that God would reveal those things that I am putting above Him. One thing that I feel I have been pretty distracted with is Facebook. Dont get me wrong I love being able to keep in contact with friends and family and I dont think there is anything wrong with it, but I myself have allowed it to become a distraction in my life. Its on my computer and its on my phone, everywhere i go, i can be on facebook posting and cking out stuff and by golly I am!



So.....after much prayer and advice and conversation with some friends, I have decided that it needs to go. Im not sure if it will be a permanent change, God hasnt really made that clear to me yet, but I do know it needs to go for at least a month or more. I know it will be hard because I cant help but show off my little girl and all the things she is into but I know that it will bring such a feeling of freedom once its been done. I will still keep this blog up so that i can on occasion share recent pictures and events that Julia and I have going on. But most of all to share what God is doing in this process of stripping going on in my life. I also have a personal email feel free to contact me that way if you want.

lesliecbanks06@yahoo.com




Please pray that I would rely on God for strength and that I would fight the temptations to cave in on this decision.





No comments: