April 13, 2011

15 things you did or did not want to know about me!

This looked like fun, so here we go.....

1. Dream Job - Well, of course being a stay at a home mom is my ultimate dream job but if we are talking about out of the home jobs. I'd have to stay I enjoy what I am doing now so much, that I would probably like to go back to college and get an accounting degree to do this at a higher level and of course a higher pay scale...lol:) The problem solving I do on a day to day basis is a lot of work and brain power but it is also a lot fun in my eyes. I love figuring out issues and why things happened a certain way and coming up with the solutions to fix it. My dad says its just because I like to prove on a day to day basis that Im a know it all and can figure everything out by myself.....which doesnt sound to off base to me...lol:)

2. Favorite Drink - I am a Dr. Pepper girl! However, I only like the original or diet. Im not into the Vanilla or Cherry or any other oddball flavor they want to add to it. I have been staying away from sodas because I know they are totally bad for you and do not contain really any ounce of nutrition, but the occasional Dr Pepper does occur, everything in moderation right?

3. My most important beauty secret - Wash your face at "least" twice a day. For me its totally nasty to think about going to bed with make-up still on my face. Its also nasty to workout and get all sweaty and then not wash my face. But I think the main reason for it is because its just bad for your skin. Sweat mellowing in your pores and new makeup being put on top of old make-up. Its just asking for pimples and blemishes. And yes, even at 26 years old, acne still happens.

4. If you had an all expenses paid vacation, where would you go? - I would have to agree with EVERYWHERE! I want to see the world and experience all the places I havent been too!

5. If you had 3 wishes what would they be? - Hmmm, well i wouldnt so much call these wishes as much as prayers that i have. One is for my daughter to continue to be healthy and live a long successful life, whatever that may mean for her, whether its college degree's or missionary journey's around the world. Whatever the calling God puts on her life. Two is for myself, for God to bless me one day with a Godly husband and more children, if that be his will. Three is for me and my daughter, for God to continue His provision over us. We are so blessed and have never gone without and I just pray that I would continue in His will and continue to be in obedience to Him. If I do that, I know that He will supply all my needs:)

6. If you could have one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be? - I would have to agree again and say BREAD. I love all types of bread, it is my weakness!!

7. What is one talent you wish you had? - I've always wanted to learn how to play tennis, Ive never played before. So I guess I dont know if I have talent or not but I think it still counts. Life for me growing up was so busy with dance as my focus that I never really learned many other hobbies. I did play volleyball for a bit and i really liked it:)

8. Biggest Clelbrity crushes - Hmm, I really have never had a specific person I was nuts over but I've always thought the guy from Fast and the Furious was cute, Paul Something? And the one from Sweet Home Alabama, Josh Something? Lol, I am so bad at names! I kind of like the older guys too, Robert Redford and Richard Gere for sure:)

9. If you could look into the future, would you? - Umm part of me says yes because I would like to know how some of my life is going to play out. But another part of me says no and that I should just trust God with the future and not worry about it.

10. What made you start a blog? Starting a blog was a way for me to share updates on my life with friendsand family. Its also been a sort journal for me as well. I have one that I actually write in that is all about Julia and her development, and I do share those things here as well but this blog is also to share my personal development whether it be as mother or as a christian. God continues to grow me and show me things everyday. As a Christian I can never stop or be finished learning about God and what He wants for my life.

11. What was the happiest day of your life? (And dont say the day you got married or had kids) - Sorry I'd have to agree with Anna, having my daughter was and probably always will be the happiest day of my life. Not only was I so happy and full of love that day but it made me so much more aware of my body and how God created me to have her! I felt strong but also humbled that day. Strong in what I had accomplished and pushed through, but also humbled at the fact that I really didnt have a lot of control in what my body was doing. It was all God's design and a process He created to happen.

12. Top 4 book recommendations - The Bible of course, I think we can get so caught up in books "about" the bible that we actually end up spending less time in the acutal bible. Not a good thing! Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp. Dont Make me Count to Three by Ginger Plowman. Both of those books are christian parenting books, they both go down to dealing with your childs heart and not just correcting bad behaivior. It goes into why they behave certain ways and getting down to the root of the fact that we are born with that sin nature. My last book would have to be A Walk to Remeber by Nicolas Sparks. Its a great story, actually a lot different than the movie, but I just love it!!

13. What is your guilty pleasure movie? - Girls Just Want to Have Fun. It was an 80's movie that didnt do very well. It has Sarah Jessica Parker, Helen Hunt, and Shannon Doherty. Its all about them wanting to get on a show called Dance TV, I love it:))

14. What is your worst habit? Ok so I've asked a few people and apparently I don't have any "bad" habits aside from being a little freakishly clean. Which I absolutely don't consider a bad habit.

15. What golden girl would you be? Ok so my mom says I would be Bea Arthur's character Dorothy. Because she's level-headed and smart:) That feels good!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would have to agree with your mom... You are Dorthy. I forgot about Girls Just Want to Have Fun! Now i need to find adn watch that movie!

JuNo's Mama said...

I bought it on amazon a few years back. Love it!