June 2, 2011

My brave girl and her terrified Mama!

I would have to say that last night has now become #1 on my list of scary mommy moments! I have never felt so much fear, panic, and stress probably safe to say in my life. So I decided last minute to take Julia to the park last night for a bit since we ran late and didnt make it to church. This park has a small playground for the little kids and a bigger one for the older kids. Of course my little girl is not satisfied just staying on the baby playground, where mommy would like her. She wants to play on the big slides. She started to go towards this climbing wall on the big playset and I told her, no Julia if you want to go on there you need to walk up the stairs please. And off she ran towards the stairs with me not far behind. She started up the stairs and must have misjudged the handrail and went headfirst in the space between the rail and the steps. She did this tuck and roll sort of flip and landed on the back of her neck/head with her body weight on top and flipped over onto her back. I could not believe what I had just seen. I went running and did almost this homerun slide under the stairs next to her. She laid there for about a minute screaming and then stood her way up and was really wabbly and dizzy with her steps, I picked her up and sat with her on the bench calming her down and pretty in shock myself trying to think of what to do next. What I did not realize because everything was happening so fast, is that there were a ton of people in that park and not one of them came up and asked me if she was ok or if i needed any help. Which absolutely breaks my heart that people's hearts have grown so cold and selfish! I called my folks and told them we were on the way home and I think we need to take Julia to get checked out. I laid her down on the couch and my mom looked her over a little and noticed that her pupils looke
d dilated and she seemed very disoriented and her eyes looked glossy. She was complaining about her neck hurting and crying this really hurt sad cry. So we decided to get going and take her in. I was very thankful that the minute I walked to the counter and told them what happened they took her in immediatly. They did a full physical exam on her body and had her walk up and down the hallway a few times. After all that the dr said she looks ok, just in a little shock(me too doc) and probably a sore neck from the fall. They gave me some home instructions and things to look for, vomiting, headache, over sleepiness. We got home about 9pm and I was absolutely terrified to put her to bed, i let her stay up till about 10pm while I got our breakfasts and lunches ready for today. She started out in my bed, I just felt better with her there with me, but she is just not used to sleeping anywhere but her own bed, so after a little while of cuddling and praying and talking she asked to go to her bed. I want to say I got up almost every hour and went in and checked on her, so needless to say I am exhausted today. She woke up this morning with a pretty sore neck and tired, but otherwise ok. I gave her some childrens ibuprofen and sent her on her way to her sitters house. It has taken all the strength in the world not to call every 10 minutes and check on her...haha! But I am just so blessed and thankful that God had His arms around my child and she is ok. Thank you all for your love and concern and prayers it has meant a lot to see how cared about my little girl really is:)

No comments: