August 16, 2010

Streams in the Desert

So Im reading this small devotional right now called "Streams in the Desert" Its just a one page by date devotional that is all about going through trials and finding Gods peace and joy through these times. Ive only read a few days worth and it has already blessed me so much. Im also reading a book called "When Love Ends....and the ice cream carton is empty"....funny title I know but so far its great. Talking about emotional healing and making better choices and dealing with all aspects of the pain of a break-up. I was reading and looking into more parenting books, but I really feel like God is telling me I have that part of my life under control and that God is guiding me and giving me enough wisdom for raising Julia right now. That as much as I try to bury and ignore the emotions of going through a divorce and just focus all of my energy into being a mom, I need to dig deeper and deal with the hurt I am trying to pretend doesnt exist.

So here is a passage that totally blessed me today from Streams in the Desert.....

"The best things in life are the result of being wounded. Wheat must be crushed before becoming bread and incense must be burned by fire before its fragrance is set free. The earth must be broken before being ready to receive the seed. And it is a broken heart that pleases God. Yes the sweetest joys of life are the fruits of sorrow. Human nature seems to need suffering to make it fit to be a blessing to the world.Where would our faith be if not for the trials that test it? Or patience without anything to endure? Or experience without tribulations to develop it?"  LB Cowman

No comments: